In honor of St. Patrick’s day, this week’s class was all about the green. Florist and designer Bob taught about making line mass arrangements.
Principles of line mass arrangements:
- Line Mass arrangements combine strong lines of Japanese styles with massed effect of European design for a clean an uncluttered look, with definite line, a well-defined mass, and open space.
- The dominant line is combined with mass material at focal area.
- The lines should lead towards the focus of the arrangement rather than away from it.
- The closer the flowers are to the focal area of the arrangement, the larger the quantity and the larger the blooms.
- The greens should enforce the shape of the arrangement as well as hide the foam that is used.
- Start with the larger line flowers (bells of Ireland), then add some of the flowers to establish the basic shape (triangular in our case-using carnations) . Add greens, then the other flowers, working from the largest blooms to the smallest.
Hope your day was a “green”one.